Friday, January 19, 2007

Welcome Back Winter!

Christmas break was long and so good. :-) Andy and I both worked - but because the Lord is good - we had the opportunity to spend a lot of our time with our families.

Chi Alpha still met over the break. We spent December looking at what it means to live a Spirit led life and how important the work of the Spirit is in everything we do. We also attended our annual leadership conference, SALT. This year is was held in Indianapolis.



For Christmas, Andy and I were in Marysville, Springfield, and Centerville all within a matter of a few days. But the ten hours of driving were totally worth it! The Red Gift Exchange was a blast and little baby Evie is adorable!! We took a ton of pictures just of her. ;-) Mom and Dad Erickson blessed us like crazy. We went home with more food than we knew what to do with and gas money. Praise the Lord. My grandfather got us a crock pot and both my mom and Andy's got us cookbooks. Mmmmmm...talk about exciting! Andy was adorable at my grandmother's as he sat on the floor with my younger cousin and played with an electronic dinosaur and a dancing Buzz Light Year. I'll have to check for photos of that later! My step dad had to work at the fire station on Christmas day this year. So it was just my Mom, my younger sister Courtney, Andy and I for Christmas. A quiet bunch - but still, so much love! My mom is an amazing cook and just an all around joy to be with.


We are at week 4 of Winter Quarter. Classes are, well...classes. They are important, but they can be so stressful. I have done 2 news broadcast recordings in the TV studio so far. By the end of this quarter, you all should be able to watch my 10 minute news show. :-) Andy has been working diligently getting his senior design project together. He and his best friend Dan are on a team of four designing and building a rocket that will eventually be a kit for high schoolers. This is their last big project as college buddies, so they are thoroughly enjoying it.

It snowed on Sunday! We heard that Marysville got some ice, but in Fairborn is was just beautiful, perfect snow. So what did we do? WE WENT SLEDDING! We decided that snow is probably one of our favorite things ever.

We pray that the Lord is blessing all of you! Enjoy this weather and hopefully we will talk to you soon.

















P.S. The school news paper published an article about the two of us! You can check it out online using the link to the right!!

No comments: