Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Good Day Sunshine!

Wow! It felt like the winter went on forever! With college classes actually being canceled, the restaurant closing early, digging our friends out, and forgetting to update our blog - spring was way over due!

There is so much going on in this little town. I am working a new job. I left Qdoba Mexican Grill at the end of March and am now officially selling cell phones, high speed internet, and dish network for Cingular Wireless - now the new At&t. It is a huge change, and sometimes I can't believe I'm really doing it, but nonetheless, it's paying the bills and giving us health insurance. If you know anyone who wants to switch to Cingular, I have business cards!!

As of today, I am due to graduate from Wright State University in 17 days. These have been the quickest four years of my life. I'm not sure I'm ready not to be in school*. (*I'm ready to never have homework again!) However, I'm very excited for the year ahead. For those of you who are also keeping count, the wedding is in 73 days :) We are leaving on our first international missions trip next month. We're headed to Guadalajara, Mexico! We've been brushing up our Spanish and Andy even downloaded a Spanish podcast to practice with! Then of course, we will be on staff with our campus ministry fall quarter. So really, I'm getting an extra year of college...and everyone will be jealous. I will get all the perks of social hangout and being involved in the ministry without having to attend a single class. Yeah, it's going to be amazing.

Spring quarter has proved to be unique. After all this time, Andy and I finally have a class together! We are taking Comparative Non-Western Music. One of the best decisions we ever made. The class is stellar, the prof is awesome, and we get to build our own instruments! My step-dad, Steve, helped me with mine. I'll post some pictures as soon as I have them. We built a hammered dulcimer. It's stinkin sweet :) Andy, being the electrical engineer, is building an electronic theremin. Ask him about it, it's really cool but definitely outside of my expertise. Think 50's movies...then add those "waaaa-ooooo" noises. That's what he's making. He's so creative :)

As far as the ministry goes, it's been so good. Andy's really been connecting well with several of the guys. They lift weights, go to the batting cages, and play with his electric scooter - "Lightning". He loves it. As for me, I'm spending a lot of time talking to my girls about leadership for next year. They are very gifted, very talented young women. I look forward to seeing how they will impact the kingdom of God. I love them so much.

Update on my mom: She's doing so great!! She looks good, she's starting to feel good, and she's back to work full time. I've never been so proud of her. She took this challenge head on and never looked back. People have been telling me that I get my determination from her. They've never been more right. She's also helping me plan this wedding like it ain't no thang. I don't think she even blinked during the chemo while we were doing wedding stuff. Praise the Lord that she got to still go with me to get my dress, pick out the bridesmaid dresses, and look at stationary. That stuff is really important to me. I love my mom. If you get a chance, you should ask her about the power of prayer. Her life is a testimony to it.

For Memorial day weekend, Andy and I are going to see his family up in Michigan. They are planning a wedding shower for us! Such a blessing. I even bought a new bathing suit. *blush* I'm really looking forward to it!

There are most definitely pictures to go along with our busy lives...and as soon as I have them I'll post them. In the mean time, could you please keep us in your prayers? We have finals coming up and we are also in the middle of trying to raise $800 a piece for this trip to Mexico. We sent our support letters out this week - and we trust in the Lord to provide the money :) Love to you and yours!

-Heather

3 comments:

The Ericksons said...

nice post babe. haha we were a little overdue.

Anonymous said...

Good article. I will be going through some of these issues as well.
.

My webpage :: su2008.czu.cz

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing
all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say superb blog!



Check out my web site - exercises to improve vertical jump