Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lot's of New Things!

Well, it's mid August. Our summer this year has been jam packed. Andy is enjoying his job at the base and has actually made some really great friends. I (Heather), just recently resigned from my marketing position with the restaurant. I am in the process of becoming a full time Missionary Associate with Chi Alpha, the international Christian college ministry that Andy and I have been with for the past 6 years.

It's definitely a change, but a welcome one. Serving the Lord on the college campus has become our life's passion. We love every aspect of it, from the rush of new freshmen to the hard decisions young adults face. It's all for the glory of God :)

I want to share some highlights from our busy summer! I hope you enjoy all of it!

These are pictures from my recent mission trip to Peru. I traveled with our Chi Alpha chapter to Lima, Peru for 9 days. We spent the time doing outreaches to young children in schools and local villages. We partnered with the Latin American Childcare program. It really touched my heart and opened my eyes to new aspects of God's love. These pictures are only a taste!


In July, Andy's cousins - David and Lina - celebrated the birth of their new baby girl, Emma. She was baptized in Michigan and Andy and I have the privilege of being sponsors for her. She's such a joy and we love her very much!

Our friends Kyle and Brittany McAllister got married August 1st. It was a perfect day! I got to try my hand at jewelry making for this. I made the jewelry for the bridesmaids. Here are some pictures of how it turned out!


And last, but not least, here's a peak at how our first shot at gardening went. It is really rewarding - and for newbies - I think we did a great job :)

1 comment:

Melissa Anne Brown said...

i love reading about you and andy's adventures! and i am SO EXCITED for you guys to begin your journey as minissionaries for chi alpha. GOD HAS SUCH BIG PLANS FOR YOU TWO! :)